List of active policies
|Site policy||Site policy||All users|
Who we are and how to contact us
are Lebanese alternative learning, a Lebanese non-for-profit organization
(Ministry of Interior number 1523, December 2015), of address NEST Building,
Monot Street, Beirut, Lebanon. Lebanese alternative learning (“us”, “we”, or
“our”) operates https://lalmoudaress.com/ (hereinafter referred to as
“Service”). Lalmoudaress is an educational support website that aims to assist
educators as they transition to a hybrid model of education. Its mission is to
provide creative strategies and resources to teach in remote areas with very
We are the controller of your data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we collect, store and use personal information about you. We may from time to time engage third parties to process your information and we may also process your information ourselves (as described further below).
Welcome to Lalmoudaress.
SERVICE means the https://lalmoudaress.com/ website operated by Lebanese alternative learning.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
USAGE DATA is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
COOKIES are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
DATA SUBJECT is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
THE USER is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
3. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
4. Types of Data Collected
using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally
identifiable information, only for registered users, that can be used to
contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information
may include, but is not limited to:
0.1. Email address
0.2. First name and last name
0.3. Phone number
0.4. Address, Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
0.5 Date Of Birth
0.7. Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Cookies collected
- _ga_WWVSXE2JVE cookies used by lalmoudaress.com used for This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. for period of 2 years
- _ga cookies used by lalmoudaress.com used for The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors for period of 2 years
- Cookie cookies used by Domain used for Description for period of Duration
- MoodleSession cookies used by lalmoudaress.com used for This cookie is set by Moodle. This cookie is used for providing continuity and maintaining the visitor login from page to page. for period of current session
cookies used by lalmoudaress.com used for No description available.
Third party cookies
- Yt-remote-device-id cookies used by youtube.com used for YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.
cookies used by youtube.com used for YouTube sets this cookie to store the
video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.
- YSC cookies used by youtube.com used for YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages. for period of session
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookies used by youtube.com used for A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface. for period of 5 months 27 days
CONSENT cookies used by youtube.com used for YouTube
sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous
statistical data. for period of 2 years
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.9
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
5. Use of Data
Lebanese alternative learning uses the collected data for various purposes:
- to provide and maintain our Service;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- to monitor the usage of our Service;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent;
- To improve the platform user experience of Lalmoudaress; and
- To publish scientific papers in journals or conferences. No data that identifies you are ever shared in a scientific publication. We only publish aggregated or anonymized data.
We will never collect any unnecessary Personal Data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this Policy.
6. Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
You may submit a request for us to delete your data by sending an email to email@example.com, after which your data will be deleted according to the timeline provided by us by email when you request the deletion.
Lebanese Alternative Learning may shorten the retention period for your Personal Data depending on the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
7. Sharing of Data
We may from time to time share your Personal Data with the following parties for the purpose of improving course content, and improving marketing operations:
- The internal content management team;
- The internal monitoring and evaluation team;
- The internal marketing team; and
- The internal leadership team.
- Third parties we partner with for the purposes of course creation, operation, or evaluation (including instructors, subject matter experts, teaching assistants, and personnel from organizations that partner with Lebanese Alternative Learning for the purpose of a course you are enrolled in) and marketing agencies we partner with for Lebanese Alternative Learning’s specific marketing needs.
We may also from time to time share your Personal Data (in an anonymised form) with external educational researchers for the purpose of conducting educational research.
7. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Lebanon and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Lebanon and process it there.
9. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
0.2. To delete your personal information. If you make this request, we will delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain functions that require your personal information to operate.
Please note, if you ask us to delete your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require the usage of your personal information to function. But in no circumstances, we will discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
To exercise your data protection rights described above, please send your request(s) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
15. CI/CD tools
We may use third-party Service Providers to automate the development process of our Service.
17. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.