- Subject: Science
- Driving Question: What comprises the life cycle of a frog?
- Pedagogical Method: Flipped Classroom
- Grade Level: 2
- Duration: 2 sessions
- Delivery Method: Messenger Applications
Students will be able to label and identify the life cycle of a frog.
- Materials: laptops/tablets/Mobile phones/ notebook
- Identify the life cycle of a frog.
- Label the process in the life cycle of a frog.
- Define “life cycle” and its components.
Keywords: metamorphosis, growth and change, life cycle, frog, froglet, tadpole
- Students are familiar with a sequence of events.
- Students know what living things are.
Students are familiar with the life cycle of a plant.
Assign students to go over the lesson before class using Video 1. Have them role play being “the teacher” and have them share pieces of information they learned to the class on the messenger application. Ask students to write any comments or questions they have so that you can answer them on the messenger application.
Have students answer the following questions in their Journal copybook:
a) What is a “life cycle”?
b) How many phases can you remember?
c) Write down one question you would like to ask related to the offered concept.
Have students complete a worksheet on Link 1 (to check understanding).
As a form of formative assessment, send students Link 2 to be solved.
Share Worksheet 1 with the students and label each stage together as a class on the messenger application. Then share Link 3 with the students to work on independently. Use Link 3 to assess students’ understanding.
Have each student come up with a definition for “metamorphosis”. Then, have students pick an animal of their choice and research about its life cycle (interest). Each student should write down about this animal in his/her journal and then share it with the class if there is time left.