- Subject: Science
- Driving Question: What is hygiene
- Pedagogical Method: Flipped Classroom
- Grade Level: 1
- Duration: 1-2 sessions
- Delivery Method: Synchronous
Students will be able to define hygiene and ways of taking of their cleanliness as well as their surroundings.
- Materials: laptops/tablets/Mobile phones/ notebook
- Define “hygiene.”
- List different ways to take care of one’s cleanliness.
- List different ways to keep one’s surroundings clean.
Keywords: cleanliness, hygiene, self-care, organization
- Students are familiar with a sequence of events.
- Students are familiar with the concept of cleanliness.
Students are familiar with how to take care of their body.
Have students watch Video 1 before class.
Mind Mapping: What are healthy habits?
Ask students the above question. Have students brainstorm their ideas and share them with the class on the platform. Share your screen/whiteboard and write their ideas around a mind map highlighting healthy habits related to food, hygiene, sleep, and exercising. After they’re done sharing their ideas, you can add your own that you feel are necessary or were not discussed. Share Worksheet 1 with students and go over the different images (you can share your screen here).
To formatively assess students, send Test 1 and use the rubric (Answer Key 1) to assess them.
Share Worksheet 2 and Link 1 with students to wrap up the lesson(s) and ideas. For homework, have students act as reporters and ask their family members about their healthy habits. You can use Link 2 for further assessment.