- Subject: Science
- Driving Question: Where do plants grow?
- Pedagogical Method: The 5 E’s
- Grade Level: 1
- Duration: 2 sessions
- Delivery Method: Messenger Applications
Students will be able to identify the habitat a plant grows in.
- Materials: laptops/tablets/Mobile phones/notebook
- Name and identify some common plants.
- State 3 types of land habitats for plants.
Keywords: habitat, plants, garden, land, soil
Engage: Send Video 1 to the students to watch.
Explore: Send Figure 1 from the video in a Padlet link to the students (or you can use Reference 1). Students will answer the following questions related to the picture: (Include these questions in the Padlet)
- Which plants do you recognize from the picture?
- Observe the pond. What do we call the pink flower?
- Which plant lives at the same place like the tomatoes?
Explain: Students are asked to observe the three habitats (field, forest and garden) and name some plants that are found in these habitats. Answers can be sent in a Mentimeter or WhatsApp chat.
Elaborate: Students are asked to bring or draw a plant from their surroundings, village, garden or forest and glue it on a paper and write the place where they found it and its name on the paper. Then they will take a picture and send it.
You can also send a Padlet link for the students where they can post their work in the suitable place.
Evaluate: Have students solve the quiz (Test 1).