- Subject: Science
- Driving Question: What is hygiene
- Pedagogical Method: Flipped Classroom
- Grade Level: 1
- Duration: 1-2 sessions
- Delivery Method: Messenger Applications
Students will be able to define hygiene and ways of taking of their cleanliness as well as their surroundings.
- Materials: laptops/tablets/Mobile phones/ notebook
- Define “hygiene.”
- List different ways to take care of one’s cleanliness.
- List different ways to keep one’s surroundings clean.
Keywords: cleanliness, hygiene, self-care, organization
- Students are familiar with a sequence of events.
- Students are familiar with the concept of cleanliness.
Students are familiar with how to take care of their body.
Have students watch Video 1 before class.
Mind Mapping: What are healthy habits?
Ask students the above question. Have students brainstorm their ideas in their copybook. They can express themselves in pictures or words. Students can take a picture of their work once completed and send it to you via WhatsApp or the school LMS. Send feedback to the students about their work. Share Worksheet 1 with students and go over the different images.
To formatively assess students, send Test 1 and use the rubric (Answer Key 1) to assess them.
Share Worksheet 2 and Link 1 with students to wrap up the lesson(s) and ideas. For homework, have students act as reporters and ask their family members about their healthy habits. You can use Link 2 for further assessment.